Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

An Altered Vintage Window Project




Hi, thanks for stopping by today.

Pour a cup of tea and come with me,
I'm excited to show you a project 
 I put together for a bridal shower gift.

I took an old 4 pane window I picked up
at a yard sale that I'd been saving
for something special.



Then I used these laminated
sheets of burlap...
they go right in my printer like a sheet of
copy paper.




I chose a font I liked and
printed a large letter-- one per page
to spell L O V E,

and mounted the sheets in the window
like so...







Did you notice the two screws
on the center vertical piece of the window frame?

I like a stacked frame look and went 
with that for this project.
Let me explain....

I had a 5 x 7 inch photo frame that I liked
because of the moulded details 






painted it an antique white to coordinate
with the window frame.

Then I hung the photo frame on the
two screws in the center of the window.

I wanted the photo frame to be secure
enough so as not to fall off at the slightest
bump (say when you dust it or whatever)
but yet still be removable to
change out the photo as desired.



A wide burlap ribbon covers the hanger wire
and just gives the whole piece that finishing touch.

What do you think?
Do you think the bride be happy with her gift?

Thanks for visiting me today.

Sharing at  Share Your Cup Thursday

Until next time

Warm Hugs,
BettyJean

4 comments:

  1. I love this and I am happy to learn about the burlap sheets that go right in the printer.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the printer is definitely the way to go. Thanks for hosting this fab party!

      Delete
  2. I love old window projects! Love how it turned out! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your visit Brenda. Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean