Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Serve Cookie Balls at your Next Tea Party

More like a truffle than a cookie in my opinion. Made with cream cheese and a package of sandwich cookies they are just too rich to eat more than a couple bites at a once. But, yes, you will be left craving another soon after. 



I don't have an exact recipe but use one 8 ounce brick of cream cheese to a half package of Oreo sandwich cookies. Just crush the cookie very finely and smoosh in the softened cream cheese. Roll into bitesize balls and dip in melted almond bark.  You may wish to reserve a little crushed cookie to sprinkle on top. Refrigerate to set coating, then keep refrigerated until serving.



Who says you have to stop at Oreo?  There are other sandwich type cookies out there......Nutter Butter..........Lemon is a favorite at our house, although we found the flavor of the Lemon Cookie to be very mild so added a few drops of lemon extract


What will your favorite be?

3 comments:

  1. Those all look so lovely AND tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! If not for a tea, definitely a must-do the next time my granddaughters visit. They would LOVE helping g'ma make these. Thanks for sharing.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I'm going to try the recipe. I came here from Rose Chintz Cottage, saw your button on her side bar. Glad I stopped by. You have a very nice blog...full of creative and pretty stuff!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean