Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer Decorated Tree


 I almost forgot to show you my 
office tree decorated for Summer.

A smiling sun

made from sheets of orange foam 
and black for a mouth, googly eyes

and these car foam wax applicators



Here's one from a package of 6 brightly colored
children's party novelty sunglasses


Flip Flops....


toddler sized flip flops are a perfect
size to hang on the tree



 Ice Cream....
who doesn't love a nice cool ice cream
in the summer

These fun little bubble containers
found at the dollar store
make perfect tree decorations
after emptying out the bubble solution.

And what else says Summer like
Watermelon


These were cut from party paper plates



then scored, folded 




and glued for a 3D effect.


Transparent balls 
in bright summery colors
like this hot pink one
 represent beach balls




I found wooden sunny faces and beach balls too.

And sand pails, I loove little beach sand pails...
vintage ones with the cute little graphics.

Well I hit the jackpot!!

I was ecstatic when I found these
paper party cups with graphics
perfectly suited to make my little sand pails.


I just added a handle by threading some wire
through a plastic clothesline.

Then I added a shovel...

I lucked out again with these
 plastic spoons
in colors that perfectly matched the cups.


 I just trimmed the rounded spoon tip
off with a scissors.

Don't you just Love It!!


These glass S&Ps and cheese shaker jars

were transformed into beachy memory jars
when I filled them with 
shells, blue glass and a bit of glitter.


Tied jute twine around the top
and a handle for hanging.
Sealed with clear hard plastic over
the jar opening cut from a plastic drinking cup.

that's not really beach sand...I didn't have any
so I used a pinch of oatmeal just for effect



Finally, I came across these 
shell shaped coasters

which lent themselves to the beachy feel
of my summer tree.
I just poked a hole with a push pin
and hung with a wire 
Christmas ornament hook.


All topped off with this
fountain table piece
with summery flowers and butterflys
I found at a garage sale for 10 cents.





Hope you had a fabulous Summer
I can't believe Fall is just around the corner.


Go here see more of my Decorated Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean