Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Piece of the Past, My Favorite Kitchen Item



I have quite a few vintage and antique pieces in my kitchen, tins and all kinds of kitcheny things line the top of my cupboards, milk bottles on top of the refrigerator and red painted wood handled kitchen utensils hanging on the walls above my counters. If you asked me to pick a favorite item it would have to be my antique paper dispenser. The kind they would have had in the old general stores for wrapping sold wares. This one is a small size that I have repurposed as a paper towel holder. It is decorative as well as useful. I use it every day.
Please take a moment to look around my blog, then be sure to stop in at Cindy's Romantic Home for more Show and Tell Friday posts.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool item. I like that it is repurposed. Love your banner, pretty china. It's just perfect for a tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cool items.. i love the paper dispenser..

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool items.. i love the paper dispenser..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting piece of furniture....it's good to see these kinds of things used rather than thrown out.
    I love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one too that I use as a paper towel holder. I wouldn't have paper towels out until I got it.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean