Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Frost on the Pumpkin........

The weather was miserable today.....
Cold and Rainy!




A good day to stay inside and do some handwork.

I'd been wanting to make a pumpkin with a creamy off-white fabric blend I found in a remnant bin.....
It has a bit of sparkle.




I picked up an inexpensive bag of lace at a thrift shop.
 Not just any  ol'  lace.....this was wedding dress lace with lots of sequins and pearl beads....just beautiful!

So I proceeded to add some
"Frost" on the Pumpkin............








A lacy ruffle around the pumpkin stem.....









What do you think?  


I'm still contemplating if I went overboard adding too much "frost".

But yet, I'm thinking of adding some coffee stained gauzy roses to give her another texture and color element  while bringing down the fufu-ness.


 


I'd love it if you'd share your thoughts.....

Hugs,


3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love all the lace and pearl beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less is more....i think it is beautiful as it is now.But i am from Europe ;)

    Love,
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean