Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake..... Easter Basket Cake Dessert Idea





Hope you all are having a very
Blessed Easter
with family and friends.

Our children are all grown and in their 20's now
so we don't do the
traditional easter baskets anymore.

So when my mother in law asked
 if I could bring a cake for Easter dinner
 I decided I would make an
 Easter Basket for all to share.

Instead of using a box cake mix, 
I whipped up a white cake from scratch that we all enjoy .
I made a larger recipe so I could bake it in three layers.

Then I fancied it up a bit
by adding a filling between the layers,
raspberry and lemon. 





It's easy to do,
just like as for a jelly roll, 
choose a good brand of jelly or seedless jam. 



 I used approx 3/4 cup and
gave it a quick stir to make it easier to spread.

Spoon onto the cake,
spreading almost to the edge,



Then, position a second layer of cake on top.



I decorated in a basket weave pattern.



Cut a handle out of white cake board
 and plunged it into the cake.



I colored coconut with
a few drops of green food coloring
 and spread over the top.




I added plastic eggs
already filled with chocolates!... Easy Peasy!



And of course a chocolate bunny.










Easter Blessings and Warm Hugs
to every one of you,


Sharing at  Jann's Daily Cup

6 comments:

  1. OMG the Easter basket cake was the bomb. I'd love to been at that party. I have not baked a cake and decorated it in years. Lazy, call the bakery. But my hats off to you and this one. I love the basket weave design and what a great and easy way to do the inside with a second treat candy. You my friend were clever, are clever. Richard from My Old Historic House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty Jean!

    Your Easter cake was adorable! I really admire the work you put into it.

    Hope you're doing well and enjoying your spring!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I like jam filling too. Never thought about how it looks.Beautiful job. Mine never look that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. So glad you came to visit!

      Delete
  4. Betty Jean, this is just so darn cute! Almost, (I said almost) too pretty to eat. lol! Love the fillings and the decorated top. Your basket weave is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, thanks sooo much Jann for the comment and the very high compliment of being Featured! Have a wonderful Easter. Warm Hugs,

      Delete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean