Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Glass Block Paint Project

 
Welcome to another tea party.
 I'm so pleased you could come. 
Today I've brought along this glass block which I've painted with Plaid Gallery Glass.

For several months leading up to November, there is a group of women in our church that meet to assemble Christmas crafts, etc. in preparation for the annual church bazaar.
 
There were some glass blocks left over from
a past project and one of the women
asked if I had any ideas...



 
Searching online I came across many stained glass suncatchers.
I thought mini lights inside the glass block would be the same effect as a suncatcher hanging in a window with the sunlight shining through it.
  I had some Gallery Glass paint in my craft closest and was eager to give it a try.
There were so many beautiful quilt square suncatchers online, but I decided on a Cardinal as my first project.
 
I found a free pattern here.

 
 
I'm pleased with the result so far.
I plan to fill the glass block with clear mini lights and decorate the block with
christmas greenery and ribbon.
 
Come back to see the finished project (may need to wait until closer to  Christmas to find the little lights).
 
 
 
Warm Hugs,
 

3 comments:

  1. such a good yuletide idea; an un-sun-catcher!
    I love your pumpkin themed header.
    Wishing you a good week ahead, and the warm hugs are received, MUCH enjoyed and reciprocated!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello we have chosen your blog for the "Liebster Award". Take a look at our post "The winner is" to receive it and follow the instructions. Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean