Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Hersheys Kiss Acorns are a Sweet Fall Treat



These little candy acorns
are the cutest thing for Fall.
 
 
We had a bake sale fundraiser at work this week.
I chose not to "bake".
 Instead, I donated something a little different...
 
Hershey Kiss Acorns
 
Ingredients list:
Nutter Butter Bites-- twist each one apart
Hershey Kiss-- unwrapped
Pretzel--  break off a little piece for an acorn stem
Reeses Peanut Butter baking chips--  melt about 1/3 cup on HI in the microwave and use as "glue" for constructing the acorns.
 
 
 
 
I found resting them on a cooling rack works well while the melted chip "glue" sets.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, placing in the refrigerator will speed the set up time.
 
 
 
 
 
I packaged three to a small bag.
 
 
 
 
And then dressed them up a bit
 
using some fall leaves purchased at a dollar store
 
 
 
 
 
 
I pierced a hole using an awl
 
 
 
 
threaded a piece of jute twine through the leaf
 
 
 
 
 
 
gathered the bag and tied it closed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They were a big hit at the fundraiser!

 
 
 
 
 
Hope you're having a pleasant Fall.
 
Warm Hugs,
 

1 comment:

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean