Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Fairy Garden



I know a place 
where there is a garden


and in the garden there are fragrant  
brightly colored flowers





A white picket fence surrounds the garden


and in the middle of the fence
there is a white picket arched arbor,

and beneath the picket arch
 there is a pathway of brightly colored stones
leading into the garden.



And at the end of the colored stone path,
there sits a pretty little fairy tale-style cottage
with a blue roof and blue chimney.




They say a fairy lives in the 
pretty little fairy tale cottage 
tucked deep in the garden 
amongst the flowers and ferns.


They say she has golden hair
and wings the color of dew.





They say she loves to sit in the cottage garden 
and watch butterflies
 while she dreams the day away


Sometimes when she dreams too long,
you can see her if you tiptoe quietly
not to disturb her,
and peek through the picket arch.


She takes a long moment
to enjoy the warmth of the sun


seated on her white picket garden bench.







I hope you've enjoyed the tour
of my little fairy garden

which I created 
and donated
to a silent auction fundraiser.

Warm Hugs,
             BettyJean

Joining the Party at
Share Your Cup

5 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE this!!! And you can pick it up and take it with you!!

    So darn cute!!

    Hugs,Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! And so creative. I am sure you blessed whoever got this immensely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AnnMarie. It was fun watching the bidding, it's always a gratifying feeling when someone wants to buy something I've made.

      Delete
  3. So sweet Betty Jean. I love it in the basket! I have one in an old wheelbarrow and they are so fun. I loved the fun dialogue! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean