Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vintage Lace & Findings Decorated Bottle

I've been drooling over those decorated bottles I've seen around and have been itching to give it a try. I was able to find alot of laces, vintage earrings, buttons, etc. at a resale shop and decided to repurpose/upcyle a diffuser bottle I had saved because I liked its shape.



Barbara Jean over at Treasures from the Heart makes tiny little roses from used tea bags. See her tutorial here .( I've recently been drinking chinese oolong tea as I read somewhere that it helps with weight loss and I would be more comfortable in summer clothing if I lost a bit of weight.) So using my tea bags, I made Barbara's little roses and brushed on the teensiest bit of a glitter paint/glue I had in my art supplies, just to give a hint of sparkle.




In addition to the tea bag roses I also made a little gold rose by rolling up some gold crochet thread I picked up at the resale shop. Attached a little tassle, again made from the crochet thread, and a piece from a dangling rhinestone earring.




Here is the finished product.




I want to get a cork to use as a stopper for the bottle and glue on this large silver colored vintage earring, or maybe it was a shoe clip, not sure. Anyway I love the way it finishes off the top, it gives the feel of real antique repousee silver.




More closeups....



9 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty Betty Jean! I absolutely love it! Way to upcycle too. As for my ceiling it is still like that, my husband thinks it will be an easy fix. Someone else told me that my home owner's insurance may fix it. I need to get on that. Hope you are having a lovely day!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty Jean,
    Gorgeous bottle redo, and GREAT job on those tea bag roses!!!! Using them on a bottle is a new way to use them.

    Thanks for posting where you found them.
    Guess you know I will be doing a bit of braggin' on you!

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty Jean,
    I found your blog through Treasures of the Heart and I'm so glad I did! The bottle redo is adorable! Seems we may have some things in common; love of tea things for instance. I love the toile upholstered chair on your sidebar! I would love to have you stop by and say Hello. It's very nice to 'meet' you and I am your newest follower.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Betty Jean...
    This is so beautiful...very unique...one of a kind treasure! Thanks for sharing where to take a tutorial for making the roses...I love those :)
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this. I am always looking for something to do with my large bag of vintage buttons. I bought them just because they were pretty, but had no plans for them.
    Lady Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are quaint, beautiful and look really vintage! I'm going to try making some teabag roses soon--wish me luck! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Betty Jean,
    I just saw your beautiful bottle on Barbara Jean's blog and thought I would pop over and tell you that I think it's just beautiful.
    Love it!!
    hugs
    Karen B. ~ Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute job you did to that bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean