Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas???

At a recent garage sale I happened upon a box of vintage bottle brush Christmas trees.....






decorated with snow and mercury glass balls.









 Snowy little village houses, shops, and church ornaments
were also tucked inside the box..........



Known as Putz houses.....
 they are constructed from cardboard/chipboard
 and typically covered with mica, although these are covered with a a rather coarse chip.
Each with a hanger and a hole in the back where a Christmas tree light could be inserted......





 Cellophane over many of the little windows and doors have become brittle and broken over time. 








There's even a little vintage pipe cleaner Santa.........




All are stamped on the underside with either Japan or

Maed in Japan with this unusual spelling........




.

I plan to be listing these on my ebay site sometime soon.


Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. A box of Christmas trees and houses! What a wonderful find!
    I love your new blog banner. I will need to change mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic find! I love those vintage bottle brush trees. I remember those from when I was a kid but I'm sure they are long gone now.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean