Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

S & P Shaker Snowpeople..........

Today, I have brought to our Tea Party a little snow person I've created using a S/P shaker.

I'm always looking for crafts that can be made up in quantity for our annual church bazaar held in November. 

In my online searches I'd seen some snowmen and snowomen, as well as angels, made from S&P shakers. 

Click on over to visit The Polka Dot Closet  to see some of these....
.... and  Mamie Jane's  to see her tutorial.
And I know you'll enjoy this "Making Holiday Snowmen" step by step video tutorial at Joggles.com. it's a must see!


Here's my first snowoman.....






I picked up some shakers at the GW that I thought would be a good start.......some with an interesting shape and details........




A trip to the dollar store for styrofoam balls, glitter and beads for the eyes and mouth....I painted a toothpick for the nose......





I constructed her hat from a folded piece of music page, a piece of crocheted doily and a faux vintage button......





A piece of lace, antiqued music page and glitter decorate the upper part of her body....





More bits of lace, button, broken vintage jewelry.....





I placed a bit of lace inside the shaker
...and added just a bit of glitter for a frosty sparkle to the outside of the glass....... 





I'm off to make up a few more of these friendly frosty folk........





Update:   I'd like to introduce you to my newest S&P snowman creation...


he's ready for his closeup...


Don a tophat...



The happy couple...




Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. These are just the cutest things I've seen in a long time. Just beautiful and adorable all at the same time. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great job, I love the sheet music hat and all of the vintage bling! These will be a huge hit at your bazaar! Thank you for the shout out, that was so sweet!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them and i made them on my own (European) way.
    Couldnot find some fake snow and hadnot lace enough.
    And i glued the head on it....forgot to fill the shakers with some stuff.
    So i tried to put of a head....broken...but glued the head again and i think its good enough now.
    Thanks.
    Love
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to the party...but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute. I want to try and I will. Vintage shakers are on the table. Thank you for great idea, greetings from Croatia :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean