Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

To Have and To Hold LOVE STORY Linky Party Guest Post #7--Nancy @ Nancy's Tidbits



Welcome to another

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD
"LOVE STORY"
LINKY PARTY
Guest Post


Today's Guest Post is from
 Nancy
Nancy has 2 new loves in her life...
...a, somewhat recent, precious new granddaughter!
And more recently she is busy with the wonderfully exciting,
 sometimes overwhelming I'm sure, task of
decorating a new home in central Iowa.

Understandably, she has chosen
to take a little blogger vaca from her Nancy's Tidbits Blog.

But, she has started a new blog called
The Durant House
where she will chronicle the
process of designing/decorating her new home!
Go here to see more.

 Additionally, you can view her Pinterest page  Here
Nancy has graciously agreed to share her
Love Story with us today. 
I think you'll find it has a bit of an
unusual twist.
I know you'll want to continue reading.

Thank you Nancy!!

It was New Year’s Eve, 1979
and I was visiting a college friend
at her rural eastern Iowa home.
Our plans for celebrating the new year
involved going to her then boyfriend’s home
(now her husband)
for a New Year’s Eve Party.
That in itself might not sound odd.
However, his home was an apartment
on the second story of the
funeral home where he worked.
When my girlfriend and I arrived at the party,
there were a lot of people there
(just counting the live bodies that is).
 Many of us sat down at a table to play a game.
Seated near me was this young man named Larry
who caught my eye because of how nicely he was dressed.
 Long story short,
we ended up hanging out the rest of the evening
and as they say, it was 
“Love at First Sight”.


honeymooninDC
Here we were back in 1981
Years later, my beloved Larry wrote
 a little poem about how we met.

 It goes like this:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I met you at the funeral home
and I’ll say good-bye there, too.
wedding1981

Our wedding, August 22, 1981

Thank you Nancy for sharing your story!

Be sure to visit Nancy at her new blog
and leave a comment so she knows you've stopped by.

The Marathon continues,
there's still time to link up your Love Story.

Be Sure to Come Back
Tomorrow 
I'll be sharing my own LOVE STORY


 Go to the Love Story Collection page,
by clicking the button below,
to read more Love Stories
and share your own love story.


Warm Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting my story, Betty Jean! It was fun to participate!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted you could join me! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean