Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cookies....a Family Tradition..........


Growing up, my mom had the best cut-out cookie recipe....
she and my sisters and I would make and decorate cookies for every holiday......



.....I've continued this tradition with my own children.

I treasure these photos of my two oldest taken 20 years ago!!! 
(My third and youngest was born 4 months later.)






I snapped these cookie pics last Christmas season..........


I usually send a tray to my husbands office.......


the neighbors next door and across the street.......


of course, Christmas with the family at Gramma's..........






My youngest daughter recently learned the flooding method of cookie decorating.....


These are her cookies.......


All packaged up for sale at the Church Bazaar last month.


These snowflake cookies were a gift from my daughter to the Grandparents last week.
I was too late in getting my camera, they'd already been wrapped.



After falling in love with some elf cookies she saw at Sweet Sugarbelle here ,

 following the tutorial, my daughter made these adorable cookies,
complete with a little rosy pearl dust blush on their cheeks.......




She baked these on a stick and arranged in a cookie bouquet..........



These Rice Krispie Treat Christmas Tree Pops (on a stick) went to the Church Bazaar.......



Although they're not "cookies" I just had to share these  Reindeer Pops made from chocolate covered marshmallows with pretzel antlers.

Super Cute!.......



I saw them last year at Betty Crocker Wannabe
and knew they'd be a big hit at our Bazaar as well.



There is always a mad dash to the cookie walk and the candy room, most all of our donations were sold out in the first 20 minutes.

Wishing you happy kitchen memories with lots of lovin' from the oven this holiday season and throughout the new year,

Warm Hugs,

Sharing at..... Sew Many Ways 
 
 
P.S.   I just found directions for a similar reindeer pop and can't wait to make them.....
 
Setting the chocolate dipped marshmallow on top of 
whole pretzels until the chocolate sets would be
sooo much easier than trying to break the pretzels
evenly and then trying to insert into the marshmallow.
See more here:
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of your children making cookies. Those are priceless!

    ALL of your cookies and treats look like they were done by professionals. Your talents are unending!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean