Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wednesday Wrap Party #4.....Pillow Box How To.....


Just the right size for tucking into Stockings...... can hold any number of smalls.....candy, gift cards, money, sample sized lotions, colognes.....


Chose a greeting card with a center image. I can usually find a box of 8 or 10 at a dollar store.  



trim off a narrow strip along the inside back edge......


with the card closed, turn to the back cover,
score along the edge you just trimmed,
 fold the front cover over the back cover.....you'll glue or tape it later,



with the card open again,
trace and score a shallow curve on the top and bottoms of both the front and back pages of the card.......


on the front page trace and score between the folds...




Now secure that narrow folded edge to the back cover with glue or tape.

When glue is dry, apply light pressure to the curved scored lines to fold inward. 

You've just made a "Pillow Box".
What little goodies will you fit inside? 



To keep it from popping open, apply a little piece of tape, or tie with ribbon or string.



Warm Hugs,

~The Wednesday Wrap Party is open for anyone who'd like to share.

~Please remember to link to your post not your home page and link back here.
~Grab a party button.
~Link time runs until midnight Fridays.



2 comments:

  1. First I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I love the idea of using a greeting card to make a
    pillow box. I've seen them made with toilet tissue rolls but the cards would make them larger. Thanks for sharing! And I love your cookies from a few posts back. I just became your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean