Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

My DR Thanksgiving Tablescape and Thanksgiving Tree




Thank you so much for coming to visit today.
Won't you please come in...
Let's sit at the table and have tea.

The table runner and placemats
give the room such warmth with the
rich colors of Autumn.

My Thanksgiving Tablescape is
still a work in progress.

After searching for quite some time 
I was able to purchase a
turkey tureen last year just before Thanksgiving
complete with ladle
and I LOVE him!

I'd been wanting one with lots of color
without the expense of a Fitz &Floyd.
I am very pleased with my Jay's Imports finds.



You see, I already had a pair of S&P
of the same mold so I was
ecstatic to find the tureen.

This year just by happenstance
 I found the gravy boat. (sorry no picture)
My collection is coming together nicely.



For many years I've scooped up
the old Morton turkey planters
whenever I saw one thinking I'd
accumulate enough to have one for each place setting
just to hold a napkin or nut cup or something.

I have a set of 4 MarutaWare
cups and saucers.



So my search is on for dinnerplates
to complete the place settings.


 I'm on the lookout for pretty floral
brown transfer ware dinner plates
which prove to be a bit difficult to find.

Since I already had several Blue Willow dinner plates
I placed them under the cup and saucer.
I like how it
brings out the blue clouds
in the MarutaWare pattern.
A compliment and a contrast to allot of brown.

I also have a blue Thanksgiving themed
Johnson Bros. plate
so I added it to the center of the table
on a plate stand.



The scene includes a horse drawn wagon,
 a turkey and
 a border design of oak leaves and acorns.


My wooden pedestal bowl
is full to overflowing with 
pumpkins, gourds,
berries and fall-colored leaves
 on top of grapevines.







I was able to purchase a 6ft lighted
 Christmas tree for $5.00 at a Walgreens
after Christmas sale
which they'd used for display purposes.




I made this my Dining Room Thanksgiving Tree.
It's placed beside the grandfather clock
next to our open stairway.

I've trimmed it with giant pinecones, pumpkins,
acorns, silk sunflowers & chrysanthemums,
fall leaves, wheat, and used a 
bittersweet vine & rust-colored burlap bow 
as a tree topper.
Then wrapped a length of natural burlap 
around the bottom for a tree skirt.















A Very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to All,

Warm Hugs,
BettyJean

sharing at Sew Darn Crafty

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful turkey scape indeed. Yes, your turkeys are very colorful. Sometimes we appreciate things as we find them vs going out and buying a completed set at one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, the fun is in the hunt. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Jill.

      Delete
  2. I usually put up a Thanksgiving tree....and it is a favorite. But I didn't this year.....I am slowing down. I enjoyed seeing yours though. Looking forward to your Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment so I know you've stopped by.
I'd love to return the visit. Hugs, BettyJean